Returning to School - June 2020
This page will be used to update Parents and Carers with frequently asked questions, staffing arrangements and plans for reopening in June 2020.
Frequently Asked Questions (updated 28/05/2020):
- Are there packed lunches available from Caterlink? Yes, the menu for lunches is on the school website, below and on the school lunches page.
- If a home packed lunch is brought in does it need to be in disposable bag like they do with school trips or can they bring their lunch boxes as normal? Packed lunch boxes will be acceptable.
- Will parents be sent an email prior to starting back to tell them what times they are starting? Opening times are in the letter to parents, and instructions for drop off and pick up to be found below. These have been sent to parents already.
- Will the parents get an email explaining about how the school day will run? The school day will essentially run as it always does with a few minor tweaks for playtime. Generally phonics, English and maths in the mornings and other learning in the afternoon.
- Is it completely up to us if we send our children to school? Yes
- Will there be repercussions if we do not send our children into school? Not financial - the Government has announced that parents will not be fined for not sending children to school in response to Covid 19.
- Can the children cycle to school and where will they keep their bikes? In the current situation, when we are restricting access to the school site, we have no where that children can leave their bicycles at school, except for a few Y6 pupils for the next 2 weeks. This may change as government guidance is updated.
- Do the children need to wear school uniform on return? No - just sensible clothes, suitable for outdoor learning and PE.
- Will they be doing PE? Yes
- If they are doing PE will they need to change into their PE Kit? No, we would hope that the clothing they wear to school would be suitable for outside PE. There will be no indoor PE.
- Do the children bring in their suncream as normal? Yes, please. As before, please apply before coming to school, so that it does not need to be applied in school until later in the day.
- Will school still finish on 21st July? At this point our focus is on the plans for reopening. We have not considered changing the date of the end of term, however, we will be responsive to government guidance and the needs of pupils and staff.
- Will the children still be expected to continue learning through the school holidays? The government has spoken about the need to help children catch-up on missed learning but at this point they have not discussed their strategy for this.
- Is it still an INSET day on Monday 1st June? No, the INSET day has been cancelled.
School Office Opening Hours:
From 1st June the School Office will be manned from 9.00am until 2.30pm Monday to Friday. After this time the phone may be answered by other school staff where possible. Parents will not be able to come in to the school building, unless you have an arranged meeting.
You can email non urgent queries to firstname.lastname@example.org.